How Hypnotherapy Can Help You On Your Weight Loss Journey
Hypnotherapy for weight loss almost sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? You sit in a chair, listen to some soothing words, go into a trance, and then *BOOM* you don’t crave treats any more. Well, not quite. Many people have a limited understanding of how hypnotherapy works, and why it works the way it does. Much of what people know comes from movies or stage hypnotherapists who hypnotise people for entertainment.
At Moving Minds Hypnotherapy, we are here to help to achieve your weight loss goals. To give you greater understanding of our process, we want to explain exactly how hypnotherapy can help you on your weight loss journey.
How Does Hypnotherapy Work?
Hypnotherapy is defined as a sleep-like state in which one’s thoughts can be influenced by another. When a person is hypnotised, they respond favourably to suggestion. This does not mean that you will be doing strange things when hypnotised, rather that you will be open to suggestions to your subconscious that you may not be able to access in your waking mind.
- Hypnotherapy works by engaging with your subconscious and getting you to enter a state of deep relaxation.
- When you are in a state of hypnotised relaxation, you will be able to access deep parts of your brain that are usually muted by your active daily life.
- You are always conscious and aware of what is going on in a hypnotherapy session.
Hypnotherapy can be used to help you overcome a variety of problems and issues. When in a hypnotherapy session, your hypnotist may help you use visualisation and expressive thinking to move the subconscious to a new destination.
How Does Hypnotherapy Help With Weight Loss?
Hypnotherapy is a highly effective tool for helping people change behaviours that they do not like. Hypnotherapy has been used successfully to help people shift their relationship with food or eating.
- Many overweight people struggle with their weight because of emotional eating.
- Hypnotherapy can help you overcome an urge to eat food when you are facing something stressful, and as a result you will likely lose weight.
- For a lot of people weight loss is a source of great anxiety and trauma, and hypnotherapy helps people to face the prospect of losing weight without the stress.
Hypnotherapy is a way for a therapist to unlock your subconscious and work with you on a level where the usual resistance of emotions and ego are at play. You will have none of the usual barriers in your way and will be free to simply behave as you truly want to, without emotional eating or stress eating.
Hypnotherapy Helps With Anxiety (Which Can Lead To More Effective Weight Loss)
Think about the last time you were stressed or worried. Did you reach for a biscuit or a nice comforting slice of buttered toast and a sugary tea to calm down? Even though you might not have been hungry? This is what’s known as emotional eating, and it’s one of the number one reasons why so many people struggle with their weight. The good news is that when you get hypnotherapy, you will enjoy the benefits of this treatment and experience a reduction in your anxiety.
- When you are anxious, you are likely to eat more to quell the feeling of discomfort
- When you have experienced hypnotherapy, you will feel naturally more peaceful which in turn means that you are less likely to ‘comfort eat’.
Want To Know More? Ready To Take The First Step In A Weight Loss Decision That Will Stick With You For Life?
With hypnotherapy for weight loss, there are no fad diets and no deprivation. Why? Because the emotional cravings will be gone, and you will be eating purely to sustain your energy and body. It actually is that simple.
Want to get started? Find out when my next available session is here.
Note: I am usually busy with clients seeking weight loss hypnotherapy services which means that you will need to book around a month in advance, but I will always be able to see you within the month.