Things You Can Do TODAY to Help Your Weight Loss JourneyGreg Thompson
A growing number of people have discovered, to their delight, that hypnosis really works for losing unwanted kilos. It’s painless, cost effective, and offers you a way to put your mind in charge of your body.
But even with the power of hypnosis, losing weight is a journey—a long journey if you have a lot of weight to lose. Things will go better if you structure that time, and develop some new habits.
Here are some things you can do to make that journey go better:
- First, go out and buy yourself a piece of clothing that is one size smaller than what you are wearing now. It needn’t be pricey, but it should be something you will really look forward to wearing. Hang it on the outside of your closet, or any place else where you will see it all the time. Before you know it, as the weight starts to come off with hypnosis, it will fit. Put it on, and be sure to show it off to your friends. Then go out any buy something else—again, a size smaller. Do that for every size you drop until you reach your goal weight; and each time, give the previous article away, to a friend, or to charity, to remind yourself that you are never going to be that overweight again.
- Put your eating on a schedule. Have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time each day, as much as possible. Research has shown that people who do this don’t eat as much. It may be that it reduces snacking. Or maybe you don’t go too long in an empty stomach and then pig out from hunger. Whatever, it works.
- Always have breakfast, and make sure it is a high protein meal. This has two advantages: it keeps you away from excess sugar, and your hunger doesn’t return as quickly because protein digests more slowly.
- Keep the television off at mealtime. It is a well-established fact that people who watch the tube while they are eating wind up eating more.
- Drink a large glass of water before each meal. That way you will start the meal feeling less hungry to begin with. You will have less room in your stomach for food. And the extra water actually speeds up your metabolism a tad.
- Make drinking coffee or tea a habit (but not too much milk or sugar). The caffeine speeds up metabolism, and other ingredients in those beverages boost the body’s ability to burn fat. Don’t go overboard with this however. Don’t drink all day. One a meal is sufficient.
Then, as the weight comes down, enjoy the new you.