Getting excess weight off, and keeping it off, is a journey. The first step is simple—deciding that you want to lose weight. The next step is deciding you will lose weight. Then comes how you are going to do that, and realizing that hypnosis for weight loss is an excellent way to go.
The next move, of course, if you live in or around Gold Coast, is to get in touch with professional hypnotherapist Greg Thompson and make that first appointment.
That’s a great beginning, but the journey will go on from there, step after step. One of the most important steps is physical exercise.
When you plan to take weight off and keep it off, getting your body working on a regular basis is important. Here’s why.
- First, of course, you lose weight by burning more calories than you take in. Exercise burns calories.
- Exercise also increases your metabolic rate, both while you are working out and afterwards.
- When you exercise regularly, your energy level goes up, so everything you do feels easier.
- Muscles burn calories, fat doesn’t, and exercise increases your muscle mass, so your body burns more fat even when you are just lying around.
- Exercise boosts your self-esteem and confidence. Knowing that you are doing something that is good for you, and that makes you look more fit, helps you to feel more in charge of your life, which, you will agree, is never a bad thing.
There are two kinds of exercise, aerobic and resistance. It’s good to do some of both, because your body has two kinds of muscles. Aerobic exercise—running, walking, biking, swimming, jumping rope—exercises what are called slow twitch muscles. Resistance training such as lifting weights works your fast twitch muscles. When you do aerobic exercise, your metabolism goes up, then drops back down pretty quickly when you stop. With resistance work, the metabolism goes up while you are exercising, and then stays up for quite a while after you stop.
So be sure to make regular exercise a part of your day. It doesn’t have to be anything spectacular. Half an hour a day will make a difference. Even ten or fifteen minutes helps.
So make some kind of exercise a part of your life. You’ll be happy you did.
Moving Minds Hypnotherapy Gold Coast helps individuals on their journey to lose weight and live a fulfilled and satisfied life. If you are interested in the hypnosis for weight loss program. Call 0422 741 041 and ask to speak to Greg!